Requirements for a publication
How to prepare a manuscript for a submission
- The review publishes all forms of manuscripts (literary and technical), including musical scores with accompanying text, as well as artwork, as long as it can be printed out without major technical difficulties, and if these have not been published elsewhere before. Texts can be written in French or in English.
- A text written in a different language, such as a poem or quotations, is acceptable provided that it is accompanied by a translation into French or English.
- The authors keep their copyright, but should quote the reference of the original publication when applicable.
- The submission process might take several weeks, the members of the editorial board are volunteers. The authors are welcome to inquire about the status of their manuscript from their corresponding editor by email.
- We highly recommend the use of the PDF (Acrobat Reader) format, which currently remains the most stable format across the different operating systems.
- We also allow authors to submit in TXT (simple text) format, RTF (Rich Text Format), SXV (OpenOffice), or DOC (MS-Word).
- Quotations in old Greek, Japanese, Russian or any other language requiring special characters must use Unicode (UTF-8) encoding and not fonts that just imitate the signs by substituting them with certain Latin characters. For instance, to print the letter "α", please do not use the Symbol font (under Windows) which only displays "α" when the text reads "a". We suggest the use of a font that differentiates "α" from "a" (such as Arial Unicode, Palatino Linotype, New Athena Unicode, etc.); otherwise the text will be displayed with substitute fonts, which might render the document incomprehensible.
- If you wish to submit images, please prepare them in a PDF format, whenever it is possible. Raster images, such as photos, in JPEG, PNG or GIF format are acceptable as long as the compression does not render these unreadable.
- If your text contains mathematical expressions, we recommend these to be submitted in a PDF format.
Copyright (c) 1993 - 2013
All rights reserved.